Whenever it comes to starting a side hustle (Online Boutique), an excuse I hear too often is –
“I don’t have money to get started!”
But isn’t that why you want to start a side hustle – so you can make more money?
I know it’s a vicious cycle. Some say it’s about priorities while some think of it as an excuse.
It can be a genuine reason for most people out there but it also comes down to being creative and as Tony Robbins says being resourceful!
Did you know that in 2017, an estimated 1.66 billion people worldwide purchase goods online?
Also, in 2017 the global e-retail sales amounted to 2.3 trillion U.S. dollars and projections show a growth of up to 4.48 trillion U.S. dollars by 2021.
I know you are wondering why I’m telling you these stats?! Don’t you want a piece of the slice?
If your answer is YES, babe I’ve got a good news for YOU.
You can start an Online Boutique without investing hundreds of dollar in inventory or buying products.
If your answer is NO, I’m happy the way I am, then thanks for reading!
Let’s talk to the serious ones now!
Selling online is not rocket science and anyone can do if they really try. Including YOU.
Starting An Online Boutique Without Any Inventory + Freebie Download
It’s true that you can make money selling online without actually having any inventory or buying products from wholesalers and retailers. The process is called Dropshipping.
Yes, I’m talking about
+ selling real products
+ brand new, factory sealed, direct from retailer or manufacturer
+ without buying them in bulk
+ or storing them in your garage or warehouse.
Wondering, what is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a unique retail selling model that allows you to ship products directly from the supplier to your customer without having to do anything by yourself. You don’t see or handle the product. Everything is done and handled by the supplier.
Instead of doing research, buying tons of products, storing them in your garage and waiting for customers to buy them from you so you can ship them out, you sell products directly from a wholesaler or a manufacturer.
(See the image below from Oberlo for reference)
Let’s see how this business model can be profitable for you.
Just like in traditional brick and mortar store, the owner buys products in bulk, adds his profit and puts it on sale in his store, similarly, YOU mark up the price of the product by adding Profit + Taxes.
What’s Great About Dropshipping?
There are a lot of benefits of dropshipping for someone wanting to start their own Online Boutique –
- You don’t need any prior experience. With right training and guidance you can start your own business and start making profits.
- You don’t need to invest on buying and storing products in your garage. You only buy products when your customer buys from you + ship directly to them.
- It’s cheap to get started. Your cost includes – setting up website or marketplace fees, domain & few other one time costs.
- You have a wide range of products at your fingertip. If one niche didn’t work, you can always jump onto another one or maybe mix a few relate-able niches to provide your customers with more variety.
- You are not location bound. You can do this from anywhere with your phone or a laptop and wifi. Dropping your kids to school or even when you are on way to work.
Tony Robbins, life coach and philanthropist said that ” The path to success is to take massive, determined action”.
If you want to get started and make money online without any products, check out the Online Boutique Launch Checklist – a step by step guide to help you start and launch your Online Boutique.