If you want to start your own e-commerce store and wondering where and how to begin, this blog post will surely help you get some answers. For those who’ve never heard of the term “dropshipping“, it is is a unique retail selling model that allows you to ship products directly from the supplier to your customer without having to do anything by yourself. You don’t see or handle the product, everything is done and handled by the supplier thereby making it feasible for you to concentrate on setting up and promoting your business.
Why I love dropshipping and how you can use it for your E-commerce store –
- Less or No investment required – One of the biggest advantages of doing dropshipping is that it requires less or sometimes no investment at all. Traditional retailers, require a huge investment from opening a store to having a warehouse or storage unit, placing huge orders to fill up the shelves etc. However, in this case, you need to contact the supplier you want to dropship your items from, have them up on your website or store and buy them only when a customer buy’s it from you.
- Easy to get started – It is easy to run an E-Commerce business in comparison to a traditional brick and mortar store when dealing with physical products. When starting a dropshipping business you don’t have to worry about –
- Funds to buy inventory
- Having and managing a warehouse
- Packaging and shipping out orders
- Handling returns and replacement orders or damaged products
- Checking and managing stock and re-ordering them from suppliers
- Location Free – You can work from anywhere in the world. You don’t have to be location dependent. All you need is wifi and your laptop to conduct your business.
- Choose from a wide range of products – You can put a wide range of products in your website or store and not worry about pre-purchase costs or returning items to suppliers if they didn’t sell.
- Easy to scale – If you start on a 3rd party selling platform like eBay, etsy, shopify, Bonanza etc., you can easily scale to multiple platforms or even start your own website to expand your business.
Dropshipping is a very lucrative business model that can be used by both new or existing retailers wanting to enter e-commerce. Read more FAQs about Dropshipping online and get your queries answered.
Is you still confused weather dropshipping is the way to go or not, book a free consultation session and I’ll be happy to answer your queries.
Grab your free copy of the “Beginner’s Guide to Selling on eBay” .
It’s not just about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. Do It!!